It is a time for us to sacrifice some personal liberties for the sake of protecting the body of Christ. You can read here the official protocol that has been prepared to help us reopen safely:
1. Pre-registration is recommended, either by filling out the form on this page or by calling or emailing the church. Transportation services are still not available at this moment.
2. The gates of the building will open at 10:00AM. If you arrive earlier, you must wait in your car or outside.
3. The use of Face masks is mandatory while within church premises and a minimum distance of 6 feet must be kept at all times from those that are not attending with you.
4. Attendees must have their temperature taken, use hand sanitizer, and register at the “Shalom Table” (the Reception table just inside the front gate). If you pre-registered, you need only state your name at the Shalom Table.
5. There is a system to enter and exit the sanctuary. If you come with other family members you will be seated together, at least six feet distant from other worshipers. Children will remain with their parents at all times. You must remain in your assigned seat for all the duration of the service. At the end of the service you will exit as instructed.
6. If you need to use the restrooms, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and use the paper towel to open the doors that you encounter on your way back to the pews. Please inform an usher or the maintenance staff for proper sanitation after use.
7. There will be no congregational singing since this has been found to facilitate the spread of the virus.
8. Please stay home and contact your doctor if you have symptoms associated with COVID-19 or any of new SARS-CoV2 variants, even if you have been fully vaccinated.
If you don’t want to follow this protocol then please wait until the pandemic subsides before you return to our face to face worship. You can still participate via Facebook live (www.facebook.com/UnionChurchSJ/live).
We will “fulfill the law of Christ” by sacrificing our own liberties for the sake of protecting our sisters and brothers in Christ at Union Church. - Pastor Marc Miller